The Definitive Guide to Serverless Monitoring and Observability
Serverless has grown in popularity with application developers because it abstracts away the pesky operations pieces of development. While serverless has allowed companies to innovate faster with new applications, it has also brought about new observability and monitoring challenges.
This Definitive Guide to Serverless Monitoring and Observability shares lessons learned from dozens of SignalFx customers using serverless in production. The Guide focuses on three new ways to think about serverless monitoring and observability, and explains how SignalFx is architected to meet those criteria.
In this guide you’ll learn about:
- Serverless architectures
- The benefits of leveraging serverless in your environment
- The key challenges for monitoring serverless environments
- The new criteria for serverless monitoring and observability
- The top five FaaS metrics to monitor
- How SignalFx monitors serverless at scale
“Anyone currently using serverless architectures or planning to should read this Guide. It correctly identifies the challenges with serverless observability and how traditional monitoring solutions fall short...”
Yan Cui, AWS Serverless Hero and Serverless Consultant